Saturday, April 21, 2012

Dark Date= best idea ever!

Have you seen "When in Rome"?
Well, in the movie, there is a part where they are at a restaurant and it's completely black. No light at all. Well, Betsy had this great idea to re create this in our apartment.
I thought it sounded fun, but didn't know if it would work.
So, we taped black garbage bags over our windows and waited till it got dark, made dinner, and planned a way fun after dinner activity. Oh, and asked guys on dates.

Well, while I was walking literally 10 feet to pick my date up, I closed the door and Betsy was off getting jake and none of my other roommates were here and the door was locked!! so, all of our windows are taped over and our door is new so we couldn't even card in. sigh. We ended up having to just climb through a window and re tape it. good thing Glen has mad getting windows open skills.... which kind of freaks me out cause he lives 10 feet from me.

We show the guys the little part from the movie {cause we wouldn't tell them what we were doing} and then turn all the lights off and move to the kitchen. And good news! You could not see a thing! nothing. It was like the same darkness level as the film developing rooms on campus. {which made me so happy for some reason to know that I could turn my house into a giant darkroom if I wanted to!}
It was so so funny. I'm not so sure about What Betsy and Jake were doing, but I think they might have had a mini food fight cause there was a lot of screaming. haha. It was so hard to eat in complete darkness! How do blind people do this?

So after we get done eating, we break out the funnest part-finger painting!! in the dark!

Best idea ever!! {my input to this date} We had like 24 mini paint container things and paper and just drew all over the paper and the bags covering the table and each other. And it was a blast. I poked Glen's eye at some point which I felt bad for, but, we looked so fantastic! I painted his nails, he gave me lipstick, and make up.
Anyways, If any of you want a cheap, way fun date idea, you can use this, you won't regret it.

We went up to the quad after cleaning up a bit and it was lame, but i'd never been there for a true Aggie night so we stayed a bit and watched and got free chap-stick! :D

Then we went to his apartment and ate ice cream and watched a movie and talked and I totally fell asleep. And stayed out as late as our "average" haha. {did I tell you how he taught me how to swing a golf club at 2:30am a couple nights ago? Randomest thing award of the week}

Anyways, This dark date will go down in the history of my top funnest date ideas i've ever done/been on.  


blacked out windows

dished up food before the guys came over

here's everyone. Look at our wonderful masterpieces!

we did really good. :D

can you tell that jake painted betsy? 

Betsy and Jake had tons of fun too

attractive people. 
Glen cleaning up.
You must let me know if any of you do this, k?

No comments: