Thursday, April 26, 2012

The BFF gets engaged

this is the picture I have from the first day of our
friendship. I'm so glad I took it. I'm
not sure why she has that hat on....
typical Betsy
Once upon a time it was 7th grade. In Utah history class I met this funny and really loud girl named betsy. We talked a few times and at the end of the school year I invited her to my end of school year party. Which she never came to. The start of our friendship went well..... :P I'll never ever let her forget that our Bff status could have started 2 years earlier if she wouldn't have "forgot" about the party.
I don't remember having any classes with her in 8th grade, but I think you could trace our best friend-ness to the very last day of 9th grade. In Mr Crow's class. He was retiring and we were putting our heads and hands in his stocks. It was really funny. And we exchanged numbers and she then invited me to a party that summer. {Which I actually went to}. We did facials and nails and girl stuff. And then we started high school. And Ever since then, we've been pretty much inseparable.

excuse mt awkward years of pictures, betsy always looks like a babe.
we wear fun hats

 and sing karaoke
 Sometimes we grow mustaches
 Or go dumpster diving and find cool stuff
 have car trouble in california
 and go to the price is right
 we go to beach and look like babes
 and sled on cookie sheets
 and take great pictures when we're freezing with snow on our heads.
 we cook in our pj's
 and do each other's hair
 we go sunbathing in the winter
 and have Miss America parties
 We go hot tubing for new years eve.... and other things.
 and then roll in the snow
 We met obama in DC
 and try on sweeeeet christmas sweaters at walmart
 she's a fantastic model
 and bounce on exercise ball
 we clean the sink
 and go to dances on campus
 and wear great 80's makeup
 we love attractive cpt kirk
 we tube the provo river
 and put gum on the gum wall in seattle
 we wear bibs during bbq's
 and take great pictures in AP English
 we go star gazing on the high jump pads
 celebrate birthdays
 and take awkward bff pictures
 we go on limo rides
 go to midnight movies
 and celebrate beating mountain view in football
 we go to lagoon {and I look.... great}
 we visited USU together for the first time together.
 and go to Washington DC
 we made an 80's exercise video one time
 and have dress up days.
 and sometimes go on romantic tandem bike rides.




We're not at all the normal Best friends. Everyone has someone that they say they are best friends with, but Betsy and I are much more than that. I'm not sure how to describe  us or if there really is a title for us. In our whole friendship we've never fought. The few tiffs we've gotten into have never lasted. And we both know how to forgive each other really fast. We know each other's weaknesses, we know each others strengths. We are very very different people and we joke about how we don't even know why we're best friends because we don't have hardly anything in common. We were trying to come up with a list of things we had in common and the only real thing we could come up with was that we're best friends. And yet we've done pretty much everything together for years and years. We've traveled together {13 states i believe}, we've lived together for 2 years, we've gone on adventures, we've done dumb things, we've laughed till we cried, we bawled, we comforted each other, we've stayed up too late talking, we try to creep each other out and it doesn't work. I'm pretty sure people think we're entirely insane together. And we have to tone down our personalities when we're together when meeting new people so they'll be able to see we're normal before they think we're insane and won't want to be our friends. She's been my model for countless photo shoots and this girl can make any situation funny. Sometimes she tells me that we're only friends because I make her food and i think she's funny.

Betsy's the best. It's been incredibly hard to watch her find the man she's going to marry because I know that our relationship will change. But i'm really happy for her and I can tell that she's happy. A friendship like ours won't end because of a marriage. It'll be different, but Betsy and I are best friends forever. Our children will be best friends and probably marry each other and then we'll be related. That's the plan. haha. Hopefully Jake's okay with it. :P
 Our entire friendship she's told me she wanted me to plan her wedding because that's not her thing. I was really looking forward to this too, but I can't do it because I'll be in Europe. It makes me so sad! Although, I'm pretty sure if she got married while i was away I would not be going. Luckily, she's getting married a few weeks after I get home.
Anyways, Jake is a lucky man to be married to Betsy for eternity. I'm excited for you both!

2 comments:

bzmom said...

I love this Brianna. You two are amazing and I love seeing how happy you two are when you're doing fun, crazy and even stupid things. I don't ever remember you two having the typical teenage/girl/drama in HS. I'm sure you'll be BFF's forever even when both of you are married. I loved all the pictures. I remember so many of those and stories behind them. Love you both so much!!! Mom

Mel & Ky said...

I was so glad to meet you two-even if you "toned" down the weirdness...I still loved being crazy and seeing how you two stayed BFFs through lots of things. You two will always have such a great friendship and I hope that I can stay connected to you guys too! You BOTH are fabulous girls I'm excited for this fun step in Betsy's life & excited for when I get to be there when you take the step too :)