Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Let's talk about how....

Let's talk about how much stuff I have to do in the next few days-

I had a professor tell me last semester that I amazed him with my ability to take on overwhelming amounts of work on a project and actually get it done. I feel like I always take on more than I can actually have time for... and yet, It all gets done because it's my nature to not let anything go unfinished. So, being me, when my professor told me to print my image five feet tall and learn a new editing technique that scared the daylights out of me, I said..... okay..... Why? Why do I do these things to myself? So now, even though I was pretty much done with my work for the exhibition this Friday and Saturday, I have to Bitmap an image so I can print it the size of texas. Okay, more like the size of Utah. But, luckily for me, this Bitmapping shinanigan was F U N! I've always thought it looks way legit,  but we don't learn how to do an image this way till Color photo 2 class.
Once again, Luckily there are peeps in my class who've taken this and gave me a crash course in bitmapping. Literally. It was like a basic-things-you-have-to-know-to-fake-your-way-through-this-image- crash course in 15 minutes. And boy oh boy oh boy am I proud that I actually learned enough to do a semi-decent job. I then spent the next 6 hours bitmapping my image. I'm not putting the image on my blog right now, because I'd rather if you came to see it at Thatcher mansion at 35 west 100 s in Logan this Friday and saturday from 4-9pm. Saturday there is an opening with foodage and I'll be there. It's going to be legit. {Next week I'll put a digital copy of my image in case you don't come..... but COME!}
this was on the library last year around this time.
does anyone remember this??
But, because I'm fairly certain that nearly all of you who has never taken a photo class has not a clue what bitmapping is, I tried to find an image online of what it is, but I failed. I can't find any. And then I remembered my professor saying that he invented the process, so then I stalked a few of my photo friend's facebook's and found one that they did from faaaaaar away. After you do this {if you do it well}you can print 3+ stories tall. And that is just what Bethany and Callee did. Mine is only 5 feet tall. So just a little baby compared to this giant.


So, I have to print 16 sheets of 11x17 paper and wall paper paste them together on a surface of my choosing. I'm leaning towards wood right now i think....
So, I think i'm done editing it. But guess what? This image i did, it wouldn't save! it took 30 minutes to try and save and then it said something about not having enough RAM to actually save the thing. Sigh, so then I did a really scary thing and tried to save it as a JPEG instead of a PSD. Still not luck. then i flattened the image. Which made me want to cry because then all of my layers were gone. and it still wouldn't save! :( so, then i saved it as a .TIFF. poop. Not even what I wanted to do at all. Anyways, It's going to be legit. And take up all my time too.

Next, I have a study abroad meeting tonight. it's going to be a doozy.

Tomorrow- engagement pictures to shoot! yes! in my lovely spot I found! I can't even wait my friends!

Thursday-Have to be completely done with my Bitmap image.
art history reading questions. {sick. I so strongly dislike art history. It's the bane of my major}
Drive home,
see my Gemma,
Shoot a wedding reception

Friday-Shoot a wedding,
drive back to logan
see my show
probably go on a super fun date... :P
Attend true Aggie night {okay let's be honest, this is just a dream.}

Saturday- Drive to Salt Lake,
attend the state convention
drive back to logan
attend the reception of the show i'm in
take down the show i'm in
start editing the 2 bridal sessions i did last weekend, the engagements I'm doing tomorrow, a wedding announcement to make, edit the reception on thursday and the wedding on friday.
And maybe....
sleep a few hours.

Sunday-
I'm taking a nap.
this is all that is officially planned.
but let's be honest, I'm certain that I will be editing like a mad woman again.

and at some point, i have to figure out what I'm going to shoot for my independent projects final....... This will be interesting.

AND I also have to get my little self ready for Europe.

AAAAAAAANDDDD I have to pack and move and clean for check outs of the old farm apartments.

If anyone needs me, I'll be awake most hours of the day. Not that I'll really be all that helpful.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hahaha, Brianna you are great. You're going to Europe?! That's so cool!