Monday, April 30, 2012

Adventures of Finals week round 1- Freaky {true} library stories.

So here I am, 20 years of age. trying to be all adult like and responsible and so I head to the library to study because I get distracted at my apartment. Mistake #1.

I'm reminded each time I go to the library why I usually refrain from it.
I'm lucky that most of my homework does not require me to go to this place. I feel like a lot of artists are.... different... but at least i'm used to them now. The library has a bunch of super scary individuals in it that I don't understand whatsoever. for instance, today, my adventure included-

A guy laying on the floor breathing deeply with all his limbs spread out like he was going to break out into a snow/carpet-angel at any given moment... that's normal....

This couple who were discussing a particular question in a heated debate until the girl nearly cried....

this athletic looking guy who'd make cheering noises every once in a while and added his name into the cheers. Does anyone know an Andrew Hickman? 'cause that's the name he'd cheer....

A girl that had a huge stack of papers in her hands and she literally sprinted down the aisle with a determination in her face that i wish i could muster. Probably rushing to a final or to turn in that stack of papers.

but the very best one was the following-

so there were like 5 seats next to me open and this random guy chose to sit directly next to me. Not really what I'd do, but maybe he was just extra confident and social? Well, all was going well, Girl and guy stopped fighting after a kiss {JEALOUS! it's my life long dream to kiss someone in the library.... sorry, random tidbit.}, the guy was still laying on the floor in between bookshelves and Andrew Hickman wasn't currently cheering for himself but this dude next to me started to freak me out.
He grabbed his hand really fast which made me jump. I think there needs to be a rule at the library that says something like no sudden movements and gasps because  you'll probably freak the girl out sitting directly next to you.
He proceeded to pinch his palm till it bled. I scooted over. sick.
then proceeded to suck on it. His eyes were wide open and he stared out into space. scooted over more, yet watching intently incase he was a vampire and wanted my blood too. Psycho guy next to me alert!
 BUT, then he jabbed the end of his pen into his bleeding wound and sighed. I completely opted out of studying at this point in need of a trash can to throw up in.
this is false. No one smiles at the library because
everyone is too frightened of the creepers sitting
next to them. true story. 
I left the scary library promptly to the art building where I knew I would be safe. The library is an unsafe zone for me. No fantastic test score on my {non fun} art history final is worth being in that place.

while exiting the library I saw another bizarre thing. while going down the stairs, there was a guy walking up the stairs backwards! and there were about 5 guys at the bottom of the stairs laughing and smiling up at the kid. I'm pretty sure it was some sort of dare to get a break from studying. How one studies there, I have no idea. I probably would have gotten more studying done while performing at half time in the super bowl than at the library.

To say the least, I think I'm going to continue not being friends with that place. How do you people do it???

Did I mention that I had to get a shot this morning? Maybe it made me extremely hyper-aware of what was going on around me. But these stories are not made up!

If you need me, I've nestled myself into the {"cage"} of the Photo lab. The rich smells of  chemicals, the sound of constant running water, and the cool humidity of the place is just what I needed.

Photo Lab, you are my oasis during finals week.

7 days till Europe

No comments: