Monday, April 2, 2012

The story of my niece {with the cutest name there ever was}. As told by her favorite aunt.

Where should I start?
The beginning is always a good place to start.

May 2009- Ashleigh graduated from high school. I told her I wanted 2 things from her: For her to get married and give me a baby niece {not a nephew for we both want to name our first sons James}

May 2010- I graduate from high school. And I keep telling her I want the same thing.

Summer 2010- She develops little crush on her boss, Nathan.

fall 2010- this crush turns into a relationship.

January 2011- Ashleigh gets engaged and the first part of my wish is coming true

March 2011- Ash and Nathan wed in the salt lake city, LDS, Temple.

april-september- wishing ash would tell us she was pregnant.

August- the big announcement that they're having a baby

november- Find out that it's indeed a girl. none of this nephew nonsense.

March- march comes and goes. No baby.

April 1- I have to go back home to Logan.

April 2-

I wake up, feel refreshed. No sign of baby. I'm in my room getting dressed to head to my first class.

10:07 am- ring ring. it's ash. I have a mini heart attack. "hello?"  "are you ready to be an aunt?" She tells me she's at the hospital and my niece will be here by dinner. {she was at a 4}

10:26- schedule the studio at school for friday to do her pictures.

11:05- leave Logan. Drive like a maniac. never driven so fast in my whole life.

12:55- I arrive at the hospital. Go see ash and nathan. I document the room and the nurse checks her. she went from a 5 to an 8 in half an hour!

1:48- rest of the family get here. They all talk to her.

2:10- we all leave the room.

2:10 - Nurse comes to check her. She's a 10!!

2:22 pm. 3 nurses run into room 4. "this baby's coming!" the doctor wasn't even in the room. he was chillin at the nurse's station. what the heck, doctor? this is my sister!! can you please go make sure she's okay??????

2:24 pm. grandpa cobb looks incredibly nervous. he has a completely blank expression on his face just looking down the hall.

2:25- she's crowning. nurse is giggling on the phone telling the doctor he should get in there.

2:31-nurse on the phone says they're telling her not to push.

2:36-Doctor went into her room.

2:37- she was born. After 1 push! the nurse said "she was meant to have babies.  She shot that baby out!"

2:40- I am writing this and am sooooo incredibly anxious!!

2:45- make baby weight guesses-

me- 7 11
Quinton- {between 6 and 12 pounds was what he said first} his real guess- 7 15
mom- 8 2
dad- 7 12
grandpa- 7 8
emilie- 7 7
grandma- 7 5.5

her real weight 6 pounds 13 ounces. 19 inches. We all over guessed. She's a little petite thing.

Gemma Petrea {puh tray uh} Nye.

3:15 ish we got to go see her for the first time.

yes, I cried. She was blowing bubbles and kept sticking her tongue out. sooo cute!!

My lucky stars this little girl stole my heart. I knew she would. But it's hard to imagine that she's here. I've been waiting my whole entire life for ash to have a baby! And she's cute too!

Well a little later. probably around 4:15 they brought her to the nursery and she was tortured! the poor thing had to get a shot in her little tiny thigh! and her foot pricked! and she screamed her tiny lungs out! And I wanted to cry too! And then when i thought it was over they gave her a total scrub down. And she hated that too. It was not fun to watch through the window.

Then. Finally. I got to hold her!!

I finally, at last, got to hold this tiny angel who just came straight from heaven! And she looked right at me.

look at her cute lil hairs! :D
she is a really really alert baby. she hasn't slept at all yet! she was looking around the whole time and trying to eat her hand and anything that came in contact with her mouth.

And then we said goodbye so mamma ashleigh could feed her. And don't you worry, I'll put some more pictures up later. :D

but here's one more, just for fun.

First family picture. Gemma is less than an hour old. 

No comments: