Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Things I've discovered in the past 24 hours.

the past day has been incredible. I have discovered a lot.

  • That baby feet are truly the cutest things there ever was.
  • that baby lips are adorable
  • newborn sneezes make everyone go "aww!"
  • that 6 pounds of human can sure take up a large amount in a heart. 
  • That a baby brings so many people so much happiness. 
  • That i am indeed an emotional girl when so happy
  • I've always told myself that i'd probably wait a while after getting married to have a baby. false. This little girl made me realize I'll want one pretty soon after getting married. 
  • That a baby can bring the whole family together
  • That family really is the most important thing.
  • That ashleigh doesn't think my babies will be as cute as hers. 
  • that i probably agree. gemma is adorable.
  • that six pounds is a small baby. 
  • that most mothers don't care too much about being modest after child birth in the hospital.
  • That grandpa cobb can't say "Gemma"
  • That going to school in logan puts a damper on this whole aunt thing. 
  • That I sing really loud in the car when i'm by myself.
  • That saying goodbye to that little angel was hard. 
  • Ashleigh's going to have a hard time wanting to finish school now. pretty certain.
  • that grandma {my mother} is going to be the world's biggest baby hog.
  • that everyone takes on a new name and responsibility when a baby is born. 
  • that nathan has changed every diaper thus far.
  • that when a nurse goes into the room to take baby, she'll return with another little bandaid on her foot from where they tortured her.
  • That I want my labors to be exactly like my sisters. 
  • that i can't get tired of looking at the pictures i took. 
  • that people's priorities are more in line to what they should be, when a baby is born.
  • a new word- vernacular photography. It's what my professor told me i was doing when taking he pictures of the last day. 
  • that the best way to get a "like" on facebook, is tell them you're going to be an aunt.
  • that i've missed my grandparents tremendously.  
  • that your friends get sick of you sending them pictures of your niece
  • that it's hard to pay attention to researching for your study abroad project when on your own laptop cause you just end up looking at pictures you took of your niece. 
  • That I'm exhausted and I didn't even have this child. 
  • that just because you took a day off of school and the rest of life, doesn't mean you don't have to do everything you didn't do but should have, later. 
  • that the library is an excellent place to take a nap now. 

1 comment:

Piril Maria said...

An angel.
Followed the blog, hope you don’t mind. And who knows, maybe you’ll visit me someday too.

thebookness.com