Friday, March 30, 2012

Romantic by heart, passionate about eternal love.


My whole life I feel like i've known i'm pretty passionate. Throughout life they've changed from things like barney and swinging at the play ground, to school, to photography. But, something I've never ever had change as a passion, is love.

I don't ever remember a time where seeing a guy do something romantic for his girl didn't melt my heart. When I didn't admire the love my grandparents have for each other. Or a cute scene in a movie didn't make me tear up. Or A line in a book i didn't write down in my journal to save for later. or seeing a simple kiss of a couple on a walk didn't make me smile. Or the way a couple look at each other that are truly in love makes me hope to feel like that one day. Or watching a couple come out of the temple, newly married, make me dream of the day I get to do the same.

It makes me sad that the world views love in such a different way now. What once was something that was precious and sacred, I feel is now clouded by the confusion of the world in so many ways.

I've grown up knowing that I won't be as happy as I ever can be until I meet the man I will love for eternity. Not till death do you part. Families are forever because of the sealing power of the temple.

Maybe it's weird for me to think, but when i hear a song and it says "till death do you part" {there's one in a song from hair spray} or in a movie when people get married I truly get sad. How awful is it to think that the only time you'll have that person with you is in this mortal life? It breaks my heart.

In institute a few weeks back we spent a couple days on this document. The Family: A proclamation to the world.

What a beautiful document. There are so many things in there that I love.

At school, the views are not the same as the standards in the church. I'm told on pretty much at least a weekly basis that my career should come before a family. That just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I should have to stay at home to raise my children.

Everyone has the free agency to choose what they want to do. But, I have never ever wanted anything more than I want to be a wife and mom. As much as I love and am passionate about photography, I'd never choose it over having a family. The proclamation to the family states this so well.

"Marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God and that the family is central to the Creator’s plan for the eternal destiny of His children....By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families. Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children. In these sacred responsibilities, fathers and mothers are obligated to help one another as equal partners. "


I feel like everything in the church goes back to the importance of the family and sealing of a man and woman in the temple.

I've never questioned this, it's never changed, and it never will.

My friends have jokingly made fun of me for being so in love with love, being such a sap, and such, but, I don't care.

I think a big part about why I love photographing weddings and couples is because of how happy they are.

I feel like most people don't believe in the type of love I believe in anymore, religion aside. {especially the guys, no offense} But, I don't ever stop believing. I'll probably get my heart broken more often than most, and break-ups are harder because I vest myself so much into it and am very open and because of that, vulnerable. But, one day it'll pay off because the more open and honest you are, the more you have room to love. I know it, and I've felt it.

Secret reveal time-

I have a stash of about 5 or 6 letters i've written to my future husband. First letter is from when I was about 10 I think. I haven't written one since i was 17. I should probably do that again sometime? Funny thing is, they're all sealed and the only one thing i remember writing about is in the last one i wrote. It's so incredibly cheesy and weird that I don't even want to think about "him" {whoever that is} reading it one day. He's in for a real treat. ha ha.


Sorry ya'll. that was probably a little too much to write about.



No comments: