Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cooking and Quote

HEY! IT'S SPRING BREAK STILL!

Been cooking, but first, here's a quote my friend, MarLyn had on her status. I love this so so so so so much. I'm so glad I'm a girl. Even though I hate how emotional I am sometimes, I feel like it's overall a blessing rather than a curse.




“Being tender and open is beautiful. As a woman,
 I feel continually shhh’ed. Too sensitive. 
Too mushy. Too wishy washy. Blah blah.
 Don’t let someone steal your tenderness. 
Don’t allow the coldness and fear of others to tarnish your 
perfectly vulnerable beating heart. 
Nothing is more powerful than allowing 
yourself to truly be affected by things. 
Whether it’s a song, a stranger, a mountain, 
a rain drop, a tea kettle, an article, 
a sentence, a footstep, feel it all – 
look around you. All of this is for you. 
Take it and have gratitude. Give it and feel love.”
— Zooey Deschanel


So, I have made some scrumptious things here lately. For the next little while, I have to keep myself busy so I don't go insane with my recent life events. So, While Betsy was at work today, I cooked up a storm, danced in my apron {clarification-with clothes on underneath, not just the apron} and sang a few songs into my wooden spoon. My mother taught me this. Only she usually uses a hair brush. They both work, right?
Did I mention that I had the windows open. Not so the whole apartment complex could hear me, but because it's a beeeeeautiful day! I love spring. 


So I made coookies. And a pasta bake thing. Naturally I just made that recipe up. 
If you want the cookie recipe comment and ask, I'm just nowhere near it right now, but i'd be happy to post it. Not really a secret one, but they were excellent. So i'm adding it to my success stories in cooking. :D

And I've been working on my food photography too. I love this image. :) window lighting.




 so here, is the pasta bake thing. I've made something similar to this before, you can find the recipe here.


before being baked.

you can clearly see my food photography is getting better. yay!
Yesterday was pi day. {3.14}  "π" So betsy and I made mint pie. It's really hard. I'll tell you how to do it.

whip 1 pint heavy whipping cream.
add one small can/bottle/ thing of marshmallow cream
beat untill combined well. 
mint extract to taste
stir a little more
pour into Oreo pie crust. {if you want to be really adventurous you can make one... but i was feeling lazy.}
freeze for at least 2 hours. 

hard, huh? SO good though. 

Okay, so now that I'm fatter I think I'm done with this post. :P

No comments: