Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thought Thursday- I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

 I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Click here, and follow along with the lyrics provided on the screen. It's a little jazzed up, but still good!

My church is getting a lot of media attention right now because of Mitt Romney's presidential candidacy and Jon Huntsman's too.

Also, watch this video. I love Elder Holland, he always tells it how it is and has such a powerful testimony.


"... I am deeply hurt when I am called anything but a Christian. ... The thing that defines me is my love of God, my commitment to Christ, my Christianity. ... What is different about Mormons, and why would anybody say you're not a Christian?
The two most distinguishing characteristics that come to mind that would separate us from other institutional religions, including institutional Christianity, are these: One is our view of the godhead. We believe that God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son and the Holy Ghost are three separate, distinct individuals. ... The other is priesthood authority: ... the right to speak and act in the name of God. ... One of these foundational pieces [of Mormonism] ... is the restoration of the holy priesthood, whereby actual authority is conveyed from heaven to us on earth to perform this ordinance; "us" being the Latter-day Saints." -Jeffrey R. Holland

I feel as if I should share what I believe.


I know with all my heart that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and another testament of Jesus Christ. I know that it was written for the people of this time and that if we read it and apply its principals that we will be happy. It can give us guidance in a time where the world is confused and help us to return to live with our Heavenly Father.

I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. That no matter what anyone says he saw God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ in the sacred grove that morning. He translated the Book of Mormon and restored the fullness of the gospel to the earth again. I know that the gospel will never be taken from the earth again and will be spread throughout the whole world.

I know the priesthood to be the power of God given to worthy men. I can feels its power and it has created SO many miracles in my life. I know I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for the power of priesthood blessings. I am extremely grateful for a wonderful dad that honors his priesthood and will give me a fathers blessing of comfort to me whenever I need him to. 

I know that Christ suffered for my many sins. I know that because of his atonement I am able to be forgiven and that I can have him for a best friend and an older brother. I know that he hears my prayers and helps me through my roughest of times and understands everything that I have gone through and everything I will go through. I am so grateful for him.

I know that families are forever. That the ordinances in the temple seal us together forever. That when I find the love of my life it won't be "till death do you part", but "for time and all eternity" because of the sealing power in the sacred temples. What a great blessing this is and such a comfort to me! To know that when someone dies it isn't the end and I will see them again. I don't know how people can get through the death of a loved one when they do not know of this eternal truth.

I know that Thomas S. Monson is the living prophet today. That he guides this church in the way that my Heavenly Father knows is best. I know that when I follow his teachings I will be a happier person and that i will receive blessings for it.

I know that I am a daughter of God. That he is my Father and that he loved me enough to send me to this Earth to receive a body so I could return to live with him some day. I love him and cannot wait to return to his presence. 

This church is true. The blessings I receive from it and the principles taught by it have made my life wonderful. I'm not perfect but through this church and Jesus Christ I can be.

I say these things humbly today, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I hope that any of you have read this will find out for yourself if what i say is true. I know that the missionaries would be so happy and willing to teach you and if you listen, and find out for yourself, you will be the happiest you've ever been.

visit this website to find out more information.






No comments: