Sunday, October 23, 2011

Best night in a month

So once there was this boy named Taylor. He was my boss at work. We became friends and last March we started hangin' out a bunch. Then this summer happened and we did something nearly every day. {this is not a joke} This guy became one of my best friends and we were super close. I said goodbye to him and moved back up to Logan. It was hard going from seeing him nearly everyday to never ever seeing him. I didn't really know what to do with myself sometimes. We talked on the phone a lot and he's send me funny inside joke texts like "did you just copy and paste my text" and "well you were the certain situation that sucked" and i would laugh every time. Anyways, there's some background on this kid.
I was out with my mom yesterday and Taylor called me and asked me to go to dinner with him. I thought he told me he had to work tonight. But surprise!  He didn't. I didn't have anything else planned {luckily ;) when he picked me up i told him this and he said "Whatever Brianna, i know you would've canceled your other plans to do something with me." I told him "I don't know, i might not have" even though i knew he was mostly right... haha}

And here is what we did {it's a very long list}

we left my house and my mom asked what time he'd have me home. he responded "oh ya know, 4 or 5" mom- "that wouldn't surprise me, you've kept her out that late before...." haha

We went and visited his mom at work. she works at Dressed In White. She had me try on these cute new temple shoes so she could enter her name into a drawing for a prize. His mom is really nice. Also, i got to talk to my friend, Chelsey, who i've known since before i was born, who also works there. small world.

we went to dinner and I told him about my life and caught up with each other even more. Really fun, good pie, funny manager.

After this we went to the mall. I looked at some Tom's with googley {how do you spell that?} eyes and then i bought something i'd been looking for like a year for-a white eyelet  skirt. Taylor made me model it. He was going to exchange this pair of pants for a different size, but they didn't have them.

We then went to FYE and looked at cheap movies, he tried to find disney music CD's but it was mostly a fail. I was looking at their long row of posters and he came up behind me with a cardboard cut out of the girl from the big bang theory and said something in a high voice. i turned around and this lady was like 2inches away from my face. kinda scared me.

well it was my choice next and i chose barnes and noble {which i lost a bet on because i thought this store was on the opposite side of the strip mall than he did and he turned out to be right.....naturally.... which means i owed him a Dr Pepper. this is important for later on in the story} We reminisced  in the kiddo books and then i sat cross legged while he attempted to read "little red riding hood" to me like a first grade teacher would. But it was kind of a fail because we were laughing to hard. With our backs pressed up against a bookshelf, we did mad libs on a separate piece of paper and debated whether to actually buy a book and do them all night {cause apparently he wasn't kidding when he told my mom 4 or 5} on our way out, we attempted to figure out how to work a nook and failed epically.

Then we went to Harmons, where we both used to work and visited with a few people for a while.

Then we went to Sunflower market and bought 9 avocados, guacamole mix, Cheetos, and looked at their produce. haha.

Taylor isn't good at focusing. 
Then he reminded me i lost a bet and needed to pay up because i was going "all the way back to dumb Logan". So we went to McDonalds and got Dr. Peppers. He said "go find a seat, i'll get them" When he returned with the drinks, i tasted mine, it was not Dr. Pepper. He asked "how does yours taste?" i said "not like Dr. Pepper." isn't he funny? so then he went and refilled it and guess what he did this time? he tied a knot in my straw! But, he brought an extra and i blew the wrapper at him because he deserved it. It was pretty grand.

the angel he drew
He told me a few crazy mission stories and other stories too. We played the game where you draw a line, then he draws a line, and you make a picture together. Then he told me the story of how his parents met and it's a pretty great one. He asked me what he should draw on a napkin next. i told him to draw me. he said "i can't draw an angel!" what a charmer he is. But then he really did draw an angel. i gave him drawing advice and he didn't really follow it.

After winning the exploding volcano thing. :D

After they kicked us out of McDonalds we went to Walmart. here's what we did- honked bike horns, he threw a dog frisbee, sprayed glitter on me, i wiped it on his face, a worker thought he was beating me up, sat on bean bag chairs, looked at 5 dollar movies, looked at fish, said i should buy another one, played the game with the hook hand thing and you try to win a prize. Guess what? Taylor won. First try. I almost won too! it picked the thing up, and then it dropped. Then we left the store and drove past my dad's billboard.

At this point it was 1:20 ish and i was starting to wonder if we'd make it much later. We drove the long way back to my house and i asked if he was coming in or was just going home. He said "i'll just grab those treats" So i went to grab the plate and he sat down on the couch. so then i put the plate down and sat next to him. He wanted to see some pictures i had taken lately so i showed him and he was asking me all these questions of how i edited them and such so i got out a picture we had taken together and i showed him random things on editing. I had to use the little girls room and while i was gone he updated my facebook status and thought he was sooo clever. here's the picture. Don't judge my editing skills off of this picture, because it was a fast edit and not very precise or correct. haha.


Then i got several hugs and said bye. Only, the best part about going on dates with Taylor is this- it's never over when he leaves because he always calls me like 2 minutes after he leaves and talks to me on his drive home to Springville. haha.

Also, i'm a big fan of his hair cut right now. It looks way good one him. And he best not be changing it in 2 weeks like he seems to always do. hint hint taylor.

It was weird that the second i got in his car, it felt like the last 2 months of being in Logan and not seeing him hadn't happened. It seemed like just the day before i was doing the exact same thing like we did every day during the summer. i loved that!

It was probably the best night i've had in at least a month.
And now i'm headed to church and then home to Logan.

No comments: