Sunday, October 16, 2011

Rough Weekend

{disclaimer before you read this- It's fine, no life or death situations. No need to worry lots about me, etc. :D}

I hate it when people are sad. 
And this weekend was just that--lots of sad people. 
This weekend was probably one of the-

 hardest
depressing
 most emotionally draining
 tiring
sad
plain old rough

times i've had in an extremely long time. 

More-

tears were shed 
 hugs were given
"are  you sure you're okay?" 's were asked
pretend answers of "yeah" were replied
back rubs of comfort
"I'm Sorry" 's were said
not knowing what to say or do
bad feeling in the pit of one's stomach
wishing to go home to Orem
hoping to never do this again
need for ice cream
dehydration due to the tears
little smiles of reassurance
feeling like an awful friend
prayers were said


in the past 3 days than in the last several months combined. 


It makes me sad not being able to do anything that can really help.
It makes me sad seeing people sad for completely different reasons over the same situation. 
It makes me sad, when other people are sad. 
I am just kind of sad. 


You have no idea how grateful I am for the blessing of having a best friend. I don't know what we'd do without each other. 

A best friend-

is not like a sister, she is a sister. 
Someone that {I've learned even more this weekend} you can tell everything to and still won't judge you- even though you feel like a crummy friend for being honest. 
helps you get through a tough weekend. 
will talk with you till 3:30 am. 
will seriously think about driving home 2 hours at 1:30 on a Sunday morning so they can both go home to Orem.
laugh with each other to keep from crying.
Always be there.

You have no idea how grateful I am for that girl. I don't think anyone has a better friendship than the two of us. And I am so grateful for it. 


It just wasn't a fun weekend
And I really don't ever want to re-live one like it again. 

Most people dread Mondays, but if it means an end to this weekend, I say, Bring it on!

1 comment:

Garin Savage said...

Yeah, it sounds like no one had a great time this weekend. But it's over now, right? And just in time for the great wonder and awesomeness of Movie Night!! :) In all seriousness though, if I can do anything to help out, please let me know.