Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thought Thursday +fun too

I'm in the photo lab at this moment. My film is taking a bath for 20 minutes longer and I don't have enough time to start anything new before i have to head to my class.
so that leaves me to blog. And after all, it is Thought Thursday.

 In general conference there was a talk titled "Love her Mother" by Sister Dalton

she said, “The most important thing a father can do for his daughter is to love her mother.”


"Within a few weeks our three sons will have given their baby daughters a name and a blessing. I hope this will be the first of many priesthood blessings they receive from their fathers, because in the world in which they will grow up, they will need those blessings. Your daughter will cherish the priesthood and determine in her heart that this is what she wants in her future home and family."


I think this quote is so true. You can read her whole talk here.

In institute yesterday the lesson was all about Christ and women. I've never had a lesson like it before. There are some pretty cool stories that I had heard before, but never have thought about in the same way.

My institute teacher said a few things to the girls in the class that really stood out to me.

The first one was something like- Girls, you base too much of what you think your personal worth is based on what the gentlemen think of you. you have an instinct inside of you that needs a guys attention and love. While the world tells you, you don't need them, you do. Guys-because you know this, make sure you help them feel like the daughters of God that they are. And you guys need the girls just as much as they need you.

self-do i do this? ummm... i think i do? {the whole self worth based on dumb boys}. Not nearly as much as some girls, but this is kind of a natural thing. I feel like I'm confident and I always say "who even needs guys anyway?". Maybe i should not say that anymore....? Let's be honest, i now that's not true. But gee whilackers that would make my life easier right now. *sighs*

Also, the first 2 people that Christ appeared to after he was resurrected were women. I did not ever think of those stories in that way. I thought that was interesting considering he could have appeared to his apostles first.

On Sunday, we got a book all about the Relief Society and all the women in the church are supposed to read it. He read a couple paragraphs from it and it sounds pretty cool. I'll add that to my LONG list of "things to do" list. There's a problem though. For every one item i get crossed off, it seems 3 items are added. It'll work out, it always does.

side note/question- i wish there was an equivalent for the word "guys" in feminine form. Because girl sounds really little, but women sounds like an old lady and young women sounds like high school/puberty age . Boy sounds little, man sounds really old, young man sounds high school... but the male also has the word "guy" to use. Which sounds perfect in a lot of contexts. And granted, the word guy sometimes is a unisex word, there still is not a word equivalent to "guy" for the female personage. plus, sometimes i feel like a male when people refer to me as a "guy". just kidding, i don't. haha Maybe i'll start using the word "gal". My grandma calls me and my girl-friends that all the time. hmm....

Well, my film is done bathing. Now i get to go add "bubble bath" {photo flo}

until next time-- think of me becoming even paler in the darkroom while you all get to go out and have romantic picnics because the weather is near perfect {slightly chilly but who cares if you have someone to keep warm with}. One day I'm going to buy a cute checkered blanket and a wooden picnic basket and am going to sit under a big maple tree and have a picnic with a really attractive guy/man while the leaves fall down on us. Then maybe we'll kiss. And i am soo adding this to my kissing list now. I'm such a hopeless one. haha. :D

xoXOxoXO
Bri

No comments: