Thursday, May 17, 2012

this post is mostly about food.


Remember how I was telling you about how great the food is?

I just tried a few new things-

Currywurst. German sausage put in this curry sauce stuff. A little spicy, not bad though. And they gave us this fresh roll and a huge thing of frites. {fries with red and white sauce as they call it. Which is just ketchup and mayo. They almost have fry sauce. Almost.} Also, a drunk guy at our last hostel told us that currywurst was the best hang over food there was. Just in case any of you need to use this for future reference.

Not very many things are opened today because it’s some holiday. I can’t remember what it’s called.

But we did find a bakery that was open and they seriously had the most delicious looking things I’ve ever seen. I tried this cake that had about 6 layers of different chocolate looking stuff and crème and cake stuff. I have no idea what it’s called or what I just ate, but it was divine!! I will be eating that in heaven. And I’m sure you all will too.


Want to know a fashion trend here? High heels with cute ankle socks….. I think I’ll skip this one.

Also everyone smokes here too. If I come home with lung cancer, you’ll know why. I can’t wait to breathe Utah’s fresh air again!

But good news, you guys, Lindy and I went and bought a straightener. And I did my hair for the first time since being in Europe. :D I had time cause there’s not much to do here in Dortmund. I mean, I like the town. It’s cute, but unless you have an endless amount of money to buy clothes from the shops and delicious food from the food places, there’s not much more to do than just walk around and snap pictures of flying rhinos, chase pigeons, talk about funny names, and pretend to know German…. Oh, and take naps. I did that both today and yesterday. :D Naps in Europe are my new favorite.

I am not sure if German’s have music of their own but the only music I’ve heard is popular American songs. Kind of fun to sing along to; Especially eye of the tiger while eating currywurst. Currently a lady gaga song is playing.

Well, maybe I’ll go chill for a few before the group meets to go to an old mill they light up at night with big machines or something.

I will now start a part of my blog that’s titled-

Things Whitney says-

 “Is anyone else hungry?” 13 times at least.
“Who needs to go to the bathroom?” times 7
“I am not getting fat here!” times 54
“I have had dreams about getting fat in Europe.” Times 5
“who wants to go running?” times 3
“nihowshinshongtonggon {trying to speak Chinese}” just once, but it was funny.
The story about a german guy laughing at her while running and her mimicking the guys laugh. 3 times. I wish she’d do it more. It was hilarious.


I’m pretty sure this study abroad is not going to be dull at any time. 

it takes too long to put pictures up on the blog so i'll put them on facebook. 

No comments: