Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Everything was made better by chocolate hazelnut ice cream


Alright today wasn’t so great.

Wanna know why?

Remember my beautiful toms? The ones that I’ve wanted for like 3 years but never wanted to spend that much money to buy? And then decided to get them for my trip?

Well, they need surgery.

Doner. this picture does not allow you to
 see how huge this thing really is!
note the cobblestone.
You see, it all started on this freeeeezzing bipolar weather day in Dortmund where it rained, hailed, and sun shined. I was getting done with the city tour given by our lovely German professor, Carsten, and was eating my second Doner {pronounce duuuunair. I pronounced it wrong and apparently it sounded like a dirty word and everyone laughed. NBD} of my trip and opened the door to the hostel and my overly large feet got in the way and the dumb door got caught on my shoe and ripped the side, ripped through my sock and sliced my toe. I think they have razor blades on the bottom of the doors. So I went straight to the bathroom in the lobby to get some TP to wipe the blood off and when I came out the receptionist wanted me to pay 50 cents cause I used the bathroom. I said sorry, hun, your stupid door just ripped my cute shoes. And then I didn’t pay. Ha!

i would have put the sock in too, but it had blood on it
 so i thought i'd save you from being grossed out.
notice- the nail polish

Grace is not a part of my name clearly…. As illustrated by my next story as well.

Here in Europe they believe in making their streets in cute designs with cobblestone. And while I enjoy how this looks, I’ve tripped countless times on how uneven it is. Today was no different. Only this time I hurt my knee. My right knee. The same leg that my poor toe is beat up from the evil German door. So now I look like an injured gazelle with a hole in it’s shoe because everyone walks so fast here and I have short legs. {gazelle’s wear shoes, right?}

But do you all want to know what I’m most upset about? Ripping my shoes!!!! Uh! I only had room to bring 2 pairs of shoes and after buying my toms, they were my favorite pair I own! So now I’m going to attempt to buy a patch and a sewing kit and work some magic on them. My toe and knee will heal, but my poor shoe will require some serious TLC and maybe a Christmas miracle too. L

we never figured out what the orange tomato thing
was. it tasted like an un-ripe strawberry in a
tomatillo skin thing
And all of the not ideal things that happened today was made right when I ate the most delicious thing my little taste buds have ever had the pleasure of tasting- Chocolate Hazelnut ice cream! :D be jealous. But I’m still upset about my toms.


So you know how I’m sort of a girly girl sometimes? And that I have a thing for lace and pearls? Well, lace and pearls just happen to be in right now in Europe. Which makes walking by ALL 300+ clothing stores hard to do without drooling. Cause who can resist a darling lace pencil skirt, a flattering lace shirt, or a lace shirt with pearls intertwined in it?
Me. Because I don’t have that many euros. The whole resisting the pearl jewelry is easier because I already own a pair of real pearl earrings. But I only brought my fake ones with me because I didn’t want someone to mug me for them ‘cause they’re that pretty.
I’ve decided that because it’s not fair to myself to not buy anything, that I’ll limit myself to 1-2 clothing items per country.

Note to all you shopping fiends- you might want to never come to Europe. Cause you’ll never ever ever ever ever leave the shopping areas. Which pretty much are every where. 

I’ve never really been the type of girl to want expensive clothes and who cares that much about nice clothes. Europe is ruining my bargain-shopper self.

I bought a shirt in London and wore it today. Want to see it? I’m kind of in love. Especially when I wore my pink sunglasses that match the design on the fabric. Also they’re the perfect color. Also, my nails and toenails match it. Not planned. :D


Notice the glasses and the fun bow!

{sorry, I’m usually opposed to the whole putting pictures of yourself posing in front of a mirror type thing so i photographed it on the hanger.}

No comments: