Sunday, January 8, 2012

Last Week of Freedom

Where to begin. First off, since i've began blogging more regularly about a year ago, my journal writing has suffered. I've written every day in my journal since the end of 9th grade. That hasn't changed. but what has changed is how well i write in it. My blog has become my journal of sorts. a lot of time i'll put a lot of detail into my blog and then when it comes to writing it in my journal I am extremely vague. I think it should probably be the other way around.....? So this year, i think i am going to work on this. I am still going to blog.... not because a lot of people read it or because it keeps my family updated on my life, etc.
But, because i honestly enjoy it. I'm a memory keeper. It's a part of the definition of Brianna. I think i've always been a very sentimental kind of girl and one of the most important things i have are memories. I hate goodbyes {and change [which is one reason Obama and i could never be friends....]}and writing things down and taking pictures help me hang on to those memories for forever. {there really is no better major for me than photography} Blogging just happens to be a way to keep them.
I want to print my blog into a book. I've heard of people doing that, but i don't know where to look. And i don't have a lot of money. {Ya know, because i'm going to germany! :D}

That was probably too long of an explanation, but, that's what i'm going to try for.

This past week has been a great one. It has gone by in the blink of an eye and for that, I am really sad. Christmas break was 3 weeks. Much has happened, i've had some great times, and tons of memories were made.

But as they say {whoever "they" are} "all good things come to an end" which is a statement i would like to prove very wrong someday. In fact, i WILL prove that wrong someday.

next item.

It's about this kid.

Is this not a handsome picture of him?


It seems that everyone has been asking me about "who Taylor is" lately {which i guess is a natural question} so I will tell you a little about this amazing man named Taylor.

I met Taylor the summer after i graduated high school. He was my new boss at work. And by far the most favorite boss I've ever had.

anyways, we gradually became really great friends over the next year. And now a year and a half later, I'd consider him one the best and greatest friends i've ever had and probably ever will have. When I'm in Logan we talk everyday on the phone. Usually for the time of hours, not minutes. Which always interferes with the recommended 8 hours of sleep i'm supposed to get, but I'm used to it now. When I'm home in Orem I'm pretty sure i take up most of his free time that he's not working and still talk on the phone the other times but i don't think he minds. And when none of those 2 are happening, we're usually texting. Thank heavens for unlimited texting.


Random facts about Taylor that I find interesting-

  • He despises the taste of lemon in his water. At restaurants where you get your own water out of the pop machine, he'll let the water run for a good 20 seconds before filling up his cup because the water thing is always with the lemonade. 
  • He's a horn honker in his car. He literally will honk for fun because he likes the sound of it. I always get embarrassed. 
  • He loves his mom more than anyone i've ever met. Not kidding you. It's something I admire greatly about him. And his mom is darling. I am a fan of her too. He has what he calls "mommy and me day" with her once a week or so. {p.s. it's quite entertaining to see them watch judge judy together}
  • you will never see his feet. In the year and a half I'v known him I've never seen them. And he assures me that I probably never will {don't worry, i will one day. It's a goal of mine}. Opposite of me. If i don't need shoes, i don't wear them. 
  • He served his mission in Toronto Canada and is beyond faithful to that country. Canada is brought up far to often in our conversations and I think that i may be able to sing you their National Anthem. yes, all 4 verses. I'm pretty sure if this kid ever got a tattoo, it'd be the red maple leaf. 
  • He has funny phrases that are 100 percent unique to him and loves to annoy me by answering my questions with questions of his own. And i catch myself saying them every once in a while.
  • his favorite ice cream is Huckleberry. Which i got lucky and bought that one time cause it sounded good and then when i offered him some he got excited because it was his favorite. 
  • He sings all the time and has a great memory when it comes to memorizing things. 
  • Dr Pepper and french fries are his cravings. guess what? Those are mine too. 
  • His favorite color is purple. And anything that is purple becomes his interest for that moment. Doesn't matter what it is. I've seen it from cars, to ugly dresses, to towels, to him talking about how he'd make the sky and grass purple if he could. 
  • His car always smells so good. Like a mixture of his cologne {acqua di gio [yes, i do know this]} and air freshener from his {purple} air freshener owl thing in his car. I don't know how he keeps the smell. I feel like my car's air freshener lasts all but 2 weeks. if i'm lucky. He must be talented. 
  • That i hardly ever take pictures of the things we do. My mom asked me why that is and i said "I have no idea. I think he just distracts me." {Taylor: we're going to work on this.}

Anyways, there's some info about this Taylor guy that I seem to talk/blog/think about a lot. The only other thing I'll say is about how happy I am when I'm with him And how sad I am when i have to say bye at the end of a date or night or when heading back to Logan. Except, Goodbye is not really what i should say in any of those cases because within about 2 minutes of him leaving or me leaving, my phone rings and it's him. Without fail. I love it. {the one time this didn't happen i thought he'd been in a serious accident and died a tragic death}


Anyways, I won't bore you with more about that. Although i could write a 200+ page book about it. haha But best stuff is going in my real journal. Because it's what means more to me. So, at 2am the morning i go back to Logan, i bid ado. 


p.s. Ashleigh and I finally got a taste of Louisiana at Bucket o' crawfish. 
we're secretely models because we are just
 that attractive in pictures like this. 


Next post will undoubtedly be about school. Sorry...

No comments: