Sunday, July 22, 2012

So, funny story. UPDATED

My life hasn't been as un-enventful lately. You can probably tell because I haven't blogged in over a week. Very unlike me.

I learned last week at church in my home ward just how many people read my blog. So that was interesting. Made me hope I haven't put anything too embarrassing on here. :P

This post will be about a few funny stories of the last week.

first one was at work.

I was giving the person on the express lane a break {as in I took over their register so they could go chill in the break room or do whatever} and I ring this lady up and then she pulls out 5 100 dollar bills. and she gave them to me!!! JOKE! she totally didn't. that would have been cool though. No, she asked me if I could give her 500 1 dollar bills for them. I literally laughed out loud because lets be honest, I thought she was joking! But she got mad at me for laughing at her! And then she was upset when I told her I didn't have that many.

I have a question for you.

How many 1 dollar bills do you think I have in my till?

A- 13
B-25
C- 56
D- 70



Okay, if you answered B or C you'd be closest. I usually don't ever have more than 56. most of the time it's probably around 30.
I don't know why she thought I had 500 1's.... but, no, I don't. It was slightly entertaining.

After Betsy's bridal shower, chowing down. 

Next- the story of Lauren putting oil in her car. so it's not really that funny of a story, but kind of. We were in Logan, for Betsy's bridal shower and her car says 15% oil. Or something like that. So we end up going to walmart and getting oil to put in it. the best part was that she wanted me to photograph the whole thing. So I did. Sara was helpful in holding the lid of the oil. It was a success too. At least I think. I mean, we made it home fine. So obviously the oil went in the right place.




Man, sometimes we do such manly things! We rock!
Also, this one time I totally changed my blinker light bulb all by myself with my dad's instructions. But that was a random side note.

Next story- Last night, Glen {remember this, and this, and this? yeah, that same Glen.} and I went out on a little date to Salt Lake. It was a blast and a half. I'm not blogging about that whole thing, at least right now {because we did a lot of stuffs}, just a particularly funny story from it.







As part of the night we went to this concert. I enjoyed it, I think he did to. We were going out of the building and were taking a picture of ourselves and then he asked this lady if she'd take our picture for us. So this lady takes one



{flash on, because its dark} and she looks at it and says "oh, you guys need a better one. So you can see the temple in the back" So she proceeds to turn the flash off. {in my head I'm thinking, that's not going to work, it's too dark} so she takes another one after I help her turn the flash off, playing along.



Called it, blurry. lady says, "Oh! I can't hold still enough I guess. Do you have a night time mode? You guys are so cute, you need a good one!" {I think to myself, night time mode still isn't going to work, but this is funny, most people aren't this dedicated to getting a picture for a random couple.} So she takes another one in night mode.



still blurry. she says, "Let me try that one, one more time." So Glen and I smile again, but they were like real real smiles cause we were kind of laughing. Too bad you can't see them very well.

you can kind of see our extra reals smiles...


So that one was blurry too. And then she decides that the flash was the best option after all {which is why I had it on that setting in the first place hahahaha.} and she decides that even though she already did one on flash, she'd do one more.



So we got our last and final picture. i'm pretty sure she would have taken another one, but I reassured her I knew how to use photoshop so I could lighten the temple to make it work. {which i wasn't really planning on,} but just to make the series complete, I did a quick job of it. So, the final product of a few minutes of Glen and I getting our pictures taken from this really nice and concerned lady-

It doesn't look good lightened.... but, at least you
can see the temple more like the lady was so concerned about!


It was kind of awesome. Glen and I walked away smiling and laughing about the situation. I enjoyed it immensely.

Next, and final. Tonight at dinner, we had chocolate milk. Gemma kept reaching for the food and dad dipped his finger in the chocolate milk and let her try it! Ash says that everything else they've let her just take a taste of she didn't like at all. No, she LOVED the chocolate milk! she pretty much attacked it! So he gave her a little more. and a little more. and she kept grabbing his cup and was sucking on the cup! Ash finally said no more and she cried when she couldn't get anymore. Nathan said they're going to start putting nesquick powder in her formula. haha. Ash didn't think it was funny though. So, Dad was right, Gemma's going to love chocolate milk.
She recorded it on her phone, but I don't have that video. But, I do have a video of another darling thing Gemma is doing now.

Enjoy.



UPDATED!!! Ash sent me the video and pictures.




No comments: