Monday, July 9, 2012

The 11 pounds that stole my heart

You know how in nearly every post while I was in Europe I would always tell you I couldn't wait to see my darling baby niece, Gemma?? Well, I have seen her every day since I got home a week ago, and I seriously am even more in love with her than before.

She learned how to roll over a few days ago and it's funny to watch her try to untuck her arm so she's not laying on it. sometimes she gets frustrated because she can't get it out from underneath her fast.

I had no idea that she became a full on drool machine while I was gone. She doesn't spit up much, but there is a constant trail of saliva falling from her mouth at nearly all times.

She loves to chew/suck really loudly on her whole fists.

she loves to blow bubbles.

When someone makes her smile, she becomes shy. she'll throw her head down or burry it into your shirt  and try to hide her tooth-less smile. It's darling.

When she's hungry, she's H U N G R Y!! And boy does she have a set of lungs to scream at you if you're not fast enough to get her bottle ready.

She fights taking naps now. She doesn't want to miss anything so she won't go to sleep easy. {at least for me}

She loves to watch TV. She just stares at it constantly. It was funny, a few days ago I was watching the olympic trials for swimming and she was laying on her back on the floor watching too and she was kicking her legs like crazy. She'll probably be a swimmer one day.

She's pretty much the most loved baby of all time. probably because she's the first, but everyone in the family is always trying to take her away from everyone else so they can hold her. Dad's the worst. He's the biggest baby hog ever. Gemma loves her grandpa though.

She's acquiring some {shiny} bald spots on her head. It makes all the boy babies think she's an even bigger babe.

She actually keeps her headbands on. I've never seen her try to take it off. Probably because ashleigh's put one on her every day since she came out of the womb.

she's good at pulling my hair.

she's a good snuggler still. Although I wish I could have taken a few more naps with her sleeping on my chest as a newborn though. That was amazing.

She laughs a lot at Quinton. The other day mom brought Gemma into his room to make him wake up and she left her there so he couldn't fall back asleep. Well Quinton sat her on his stomach and she watched him make dumb faces and stupid noises and laughed her cute little head off at him for more than 20 minutes. It was adorable to watch this. He'll make a good daddy one day.

She's been little Miss Cranky Pants a lot lately. Ashleigh thinks she's teething. Which would make sense since she chews on everything she can get her hands on.

She likes to rip paper towels and napkins.

She has this funny sound she makes when you tickle her. Like she's not sure if she should laugh or cry. It's like a grunt.

She has a sound that is her I want to cry but i'm going to laugh instead sound. Different than the tickle sound. this one reminds me of a sound my grandpa Cobb makes that we all make fun of him for.

She has a "poop face". We all know when she's pooping cause she makes a very particular face.

All of her outfits are soaked in a few minutes from her drool. And wiping the constant drool from her face is a full time job in itself. Especially when she just tries to eat the burp cloth you're trying to wipe her face off with.

She can launch a pacifier out of her mouth like it's nobodies business. She likes to take her pacifier out of her mouth with her hand and then cry cause it's no longer in her mouth. It becomes a game almost.

yesterday she ate 6 ounces of milk and then kept crying cause she was still hungry {which normally this is all she eats} and so I made her 4 more and she drank all of it. She had the biggest Gemma food baby belly of life. And I'm pretty sure she felt for her first time what it was like to be uncomfortably full because that child didn't want to move for an hour. and normally she doesn't ever stay still.

She makes the cutest expressions with her eyebrows {that are barely visible}.


You guys, being an aunt is my favorite thing in the whole world. I don't know how to be unhappy when my little Gemma bear is here! She makes everyone smile and laugh and she brings so much joy and happiness to everyone in the family. I'm so glad to be a part of her life and to get to watch her grow up.
It's still crazy to me that my sister, 14 months my senior, is married and has a baby!!  It still seems surreal to me when I think about it sometimes. It seems like just the other day {that phrase is for you Lindy} we were being mommies playing with our dolls. And now she's a real mom to a real baby! And it's so much better than pretend!


Gee whiz I love that child.

I'm going to write a 4th of july post next. with pictures of all the cute decorations I made. :D

No comments: