Monday, July 9, 2012

Last Kiss

Sometimes I edit pictures, turn on pandora, and end up singing my heart out rather than edit pictures. And A T. Swift song came on. And I was singing and realized! It's about today!!! Okay so not necessarily ABOUT today, but July 9th was mentioned and so I thought I'd put the lyrics on blog, just for funnnn. you guys. I love Taylor Swift songs. I always have and am not even ashamed to admit that like so many people are. I don't even care that they're cliche, cheesy, overly dramatic, or romantic.

so, here's "last kiss"

I still remember the look on your faceBeen through the darkness at 1:58The words that you whispered for just us to knowYou told me you loved me so why did you go away, go away

I do recall now the smell of the rainFresh on the pavement, I ran off the planeThat July 9th the beat of your heartIt jumps through your shirt, I can still feel your arms

But now I'll go sit on the floor wearing your clothesAll that I know is I don't knowHow to be something you miss

Never thought we'd have a last kissNever imagined we'd end like thisYour name, forever the name on my lips

I do remember the swing of your stepThe life of the party, you're showing off againAnd I roll my eyes and then you pulled me inI'm not much for dancing but for you did

Because I loved your handshake, meeting my fatherI love how you walk with your hands in your pocketsHow you'd kiss me when I was in the middle of saying somethingThere's not a day I don't miss those rude interruptions

And I'll go, sit on the floor wearing your clothesAll that I know is I don't knowHow to be something you miss

Never thought we'd have a last kissNever imagined we'd end like thisYour name, forever the name on my lips, ohh

So I'll watch your life in pictures like I used to watch you sleepAnd I'll feel you forget me like I use to feel you breatheAnd I'll keep up with our old friends just to ask them how you areHope it's nice where you are

And I hope the sun shines and it's a beautiful daycAnd something reminds you, you wish you had stayedWe can plan for a change in weather and timeI never planned on you changing your mind

So, I'll go, sit on the floor wearing your clothesAll that I know is I don't knowHow to be something you miss

I never thought we'd ever last kissNever imagined we'd end like thisYour name, forever the name on my lipsJust like our last kiss, forever the name on my lipsForever the name on my lips, just like our last.

No comments: