Saturday, February 4, 2012

I LOVE being an aunt!

I have a cute lil niece named Caitlin. She is just a doll. She'll be 9 soon.

I kidnapped her last night and took her to Yogurtland. She'd never been to one of those places and she was soo giddy about it all. we got some sample cups, and she was so cute about trying them and deciding precisely what she wanted. She ended up getting dark chocolate, double cookies and cream, and i think peanut butter? And then 4 {yes 4} scoops of choc chips, 2 scoops of mini reeses pb cups, 1 scoop of brownie bites and 1 scoop of cheesecake bites. I'm pretty sure she had more toppings than ice cream. And i'm pretty sure her eyes were bigger than her little stomach because she made me eat the last 4 HUGE bites of her ice cream. haha.

the ice-cream up her nose


Oh, at yogurtland they have 3 colors of spoons. green, purple, and pink. they gave her a purple and she insisted on getting a pink one too. Her two favorite colors. :D


We had a sleepover and I did her nails with the water marble art way. She thought it was so cool that she told me, "you should be a nail-doer after you're done with college."
I told her I wanted to be a photographer and she responded, "you could take pictures of the nails after you do them!" haha. Isn't she so smart??

Things i learned-


  • 8 year olds are very impatient when waiting for nails to dry.
  • 8 year olds insist on setting a timer for the exact amount of 6 minutes 'cause apparently that's how long it takes for nails to dry.
  • when they're not dry in 6 minutes, 8 year olds will make you feed them chips and then laugh so hard because you're hand feeding them that most of the chips will come back out of their mouths.
  • 8 year olds will then want to do your brother's nails cause of how cool their own look. and he'll probably let you do one...
  • when taking a picture of them at yogurt land and you tell them to make a funny face, they'll purposefully rub ice cream on their face and then when they get it up their nose, they'll insist on blowing their nose and show you that they really did get it up their nose, even if you believed them in the first place. 
  • 8 year olds aren't that hard to put to bed when they're exhausted. 
I really had a lot of fun with her! :D
This morning we had breakfast together and she was going to shower because last night she smelt her armpits and said, "i forgot to wear deodorant today, I stink!" {i'm pretty sure i did not wear deodorant at 8....} But then she decided she didn't want to shower so i just did her hair instead. 

Today she came back over after my date with Taylor and she wanted to play 20 questions. First, she wrote out people, places, and things, on pieces of paper, then drew hearts around them and then made my dad cut them out. she put them in an envelope and we played with them. the people she had were-  me, her, ashleigh, and emilie. the places were-costco, provo, utah, and texas. Her things were- hair, banana, and bag. haha. It was super super funny. After we were done with her heart ones, she wanted me to make up a person and she'd guess who it was. It was hilarious. That girl has some attitude and can think of things to say really fast! 
We went to costco, and we looked at diamond rings, looked for samples {we were far too late} she picked out some socks for me, tried to do the code on the locks on the lockers on our way to the bathroom, and took 5x longer drying her hands after our potty break stop because the dryers were fun. 

On the way home from costco she licked an envelope to seal it and she said, "I thought it'd be cool to lick this, but i don't want to do that again because it tastes worse than boogers!" haha. then for the next 3 minutes she walked around with her tongue out of her mouth beacuse she could still taste it. She always keeps me laughing.

quinton's nails.
Mom made cookie dough before we went to Costco and we snuck out to the fridge in the garage several times and snuck spoonfuls. we came back in and she said, "grandma's coming! hide it behind your back!" even though i'm pretty sure "grandma" already knew. 

She is such a hoot! I wish I could play with her more often! but, I'm glad I got lots of time with her this weekend. 

It makes me so excited for ash and Nathan's baby to be here in less than 2 months!! :D 

Another niece. I can't wait!

also, I think i'm getting relatively close to figuring out her name. :D But she'd kill me if  I posted even my guesses up here. so ya'll will just have to wait till end of March.

No comments: