Friday, February 24, 2012

Dropping out of college to become karaoke stars


You know those times where you think, "self, I'm a super star!" ??.

Tonight, Just happened to be that sort of night. 

Here I was, minding my own business making oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, in the middle of talking to a photography client about her wedding I'm shooting when my dear friend and roommate, Allison, tells me we need to go to Karaoke night at Pizza Pie Cafe.

If that wasn't the best thing my little ears had heard all day, I don't know what was. 

So I talk Betsy into going too, {because lets be hhhonest, Betsy and I have sung karaoke together since..... probably the dawn of the dinosaurs.... or when they started selling bread in the store. either one.} we have a list {extensive} of songs that are "our songs". {not "our song" by T. Swift} We decided tonight if we were a couple getting married, we'd have to have a lot of first dances.

some of them are as followed-

*Hero, Enrique
*My heart will go on, Celine Dion
*Your love is my drug {w/ Laurenita}
*Uptown Girl, Billy Joel
*Total Eclipse of the heart
*No life without wife {from the great movie "Bride and Prejudice}
*All I want for Christmas is you {pop version}
*If you want to be happy for the rest of your life never make a pretty woman your wife
*It's raining men, Weather girls
*a lot more that I can't think of at the moment.

We Try to sing Hero first when doing karaoke because we're really good at it. 
But tonight, they didn't have that song. So we sung my heart will go on. 
worth it?
YES!

Blogger wouldn't upload it cause it's too big so I had to make this youtube account thing, which made me make this "channel" and they didn't have the name I wanted. It was a trial. So i ended up with the channel called "blueyedbrunnetteful" or something like that. Don't judge. Betsy's idea. 
regardless. the video is available for you to see because It's on Youtube. It's a pretty stellar Video. thanks Jake for taking it. 

here's a list of things for you to look for in it-

Our #1 fan videoing us up close and personal {kev, I want to see that video}
Some guy turning the lights off so it added to the ambience of it.
Everyone getting out their cell phones
people singing along.
The crowd standing in the back
Betsy and I's lyrical dancing
the slow clap at the end. {that's what it's called, right?}
The DJ himself videoing us. {he didn't do this for anyone else. heh heh.}
the crowd going wild {well... ish?}


Regardless, I feel bad for the poor guy who sang after us because it was a hard act to follow. I think we were by far the most entertaining. Everyone else just stood timidly and sang. {mostly}

Pretty sure it was the highlight of our karaoke career. 
Sorry ya'll missed out. 

We're available for hire now though.... JOKE! 

so Without me rambling on anymore, Here tis the video {pronouce "video" in that last sentence like "veee day oh" it's funner that way.}


How do you think we did?


Dear future children, 

yes, your mom was cool once. 

1 comment:

Emilie said...

That was the greatest thing I have ever heard!