Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Post

you know, it's hard to keep a blog going when you worked 40 hours in a week. Among other things....


Anyways, Christmas this year was different. Mainly because the weather felt more like fall or spring and there was absolutely no cold, white, fluffy, stuff on the ground. Which was some major disappointment for me. I have no idea how people can feel like it's Christmas every year that live in places where it never snows. It was just a really bizarre experience to wake up to a bright sunny day.

But, I can say that I honestly really really miss Christmas as a kid. When my parents played Santa and the stairs were blocked off to go downstairs to the living room so we couldn't peak, and the elaborate displays of our plates {we have plates instead of stockings. always have. It's a German culture thing that my grandma did in her family and passed it down}, etc. it was so so fun to wake up at 5 am and be so excited to see what i got for Christmas. Now, i pretty much know what I'm getting. I think Christmas is better when there are kids present. I'm excited for Ashleigh's baby to be big enough to know what's going on.

But, I have good news.

You know how I love pearls? And how they've been on my wish list to own a pair of real ones for like 5 years? Well, they're no longer on my wish list because that's what Taylor got me for Christmas! *big smiles* He is such a winner! I love them. :D


aren't they BEAUTIFUL!?
they even came in a pretty box! He did good. :) 

We were at a store looking at jewelry randomly one day and I was making googly eyes at the pearl earrings. Anyways, he bought the EXACT pair that i had fell in love with that day. I had no idea how very much he pays attention to things I say and do until yesterday. It was happy. He also bought me this knitted headband that i liked one day at a different store, and bought me a really cute picture frame! I told him i'd probably put a picture of us in it and he said, "good, i was hoping you would!" Do you people reading this realize how much i love picture frames? i own like 50+. I'd say that Taylor knows me pretty well. haha. Oh, and thank you to Taylor's mom for wrapping them because his least favorite part of Christmas is "wrapping  the sides of presents." haha i laughed really hard when he told me that.


I wrapped one of the things i got for Taylor in a ton of different sized boxes. all of them were wrapped individually.  It was great. Quinton helped me with it. He's good at that sort of thing.






the last part of him opening the many boxed gift.
It was a CTR ring. Because he doesn't own one. But now he does. :D 


This was the first Christmas in a long long long long long time that i didn't get to spend it with my Grandma and Grandpa Cobb. It made me really sad. But I did talk to them on the phone for nearly an hour. :D I love them. I can't wait till they move here! {hopefully this summer!}

and here are a few random pictures from Christmas.

Grandma Cobb gives all her grandsons a
new bathroom reader book for Christmas.
Nathan even got one. I guess he's officially
welcomed to the family now. haha
he loved the book ash got him. re-gifted
from a white elephant trade.
fam picture in front of the tree after church.
{minus ash.} My hair was having a trial.

We're practicing posing for awkward fam photo.com.
I think we finally captured one worthy enough. 
ems opening something. Kandi smelling for Chocolate. 
look at the snazzy socks my dad got from grandma cobb.
In other news, it's one month till my 20th  birthday! Taylor reminded me of this just a few seconds ago. :D sorry it isn't really that much of an update of what i've been doing lately. 


p.s. Taylor says "hello" to all my blogger readers

No comments: