Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Recipe Wednesday-Childhood Favorites

Alright so i decided that i wanted to make something i liked as a kid... with a twist. Okay, so i only decided this cause it would be faster to make and i don't have much time today. or any time now for that matter..... but it's fine. 

here's what you need-

so ridiculously delicious. 
Fruity pebbles {apx 6 cups}

marshmallows {16-20 oz package}

real butter {because everyone knows real butter tastes better than margarine and shortening too}






I didn't take this picture FYI. i forgot to take a picture of this food item. haha. 


and if you really want to be a kid again, make yourself some of these like i did. :D













The group after the dance. Minus Allison who took
the picture and had already showered.
Have you ever been at the VERY VERY front at a concert where you are standing next to the large metal baricades? Only it's not just "Stand" it's more like shoved, crammed, banged up to, scared for your life. i went to the paint dance with some lovely people. well, me being the bright person i am decided to follow the group into the middle of the crowd to the front. it was kinda cool for the first 2 minutes. then everyone else wanted to be in the front too. So the poor not so sturdy metal barricade things were wobbling all over the place and i thought i was going to be trampled to my death. Usually
 crowds don't bother me too much. This crowd did because no one knew how to take a chill pill. I mean, i'm sure they are wonderful people. anyways, so i decided that after 15 minutes i was done being almost squished to
Meet Cameron- The pregnant Hulk.
death. so then i tried to leave. Bad idea #2. Why? Because as soon as you try to leave the very front, everyone and their roommates try to snatch your spot as quick as i can say dandruff. {which i can say pretty durn fast} so while i'm getting tossed back and forth while people push and shove to get in front i nearly lost my shoes and my feet too. After that it was not smooth sailing though. every time i'd try to get past someone they would give me dirty glares and not let me get passed. Everyone thought i was trying to get to the front, not the back, and wasn't letting me move because they didn't want anyone to cut them in line. Gee Whiz. So then i discovered that by screaming "I'm leaving the dance!!!!" very loudly so they could hear me, they moved real quickly. I think they all liked the idea of one less person in the crowd.
Meet Tara- the skeleton pregnant
moral of the story- if you're stuck at the front of a concert or dance and feel like your going to be killed, just yell "i'm leaving!" and you'll survive. True story.

Meet Eric- the skinny pregnant




After we got home, Betsy broke out her maternity pants that we call the traveling maternity pants because they fit everyone. EVERYONE! no joke. they are super comfy. come over and try them on if you want to.




Allison anD i before the dance. Aren't we awesome?





well, I should probably go read a book entitled "automatic millionaire" for my family finance class. Wait, actually i'm going to go to Mr. USU. 'Cause that's more fun.....










BUT!!!! In the most exciting news that I have ever blogged about!! Ashleigh is Pregnant!!! Congrats to Nathan and Ash! I can't wait for the end of March so I can meet your baby!!




 I am going to do a really good post about this tomorrow probably. I am going to start a thing for my future niece or nephew called "100 things you need to know about your mommy." Because as this baby's aunt, i have a lot of things I can tell her {i'm guessing it's a girl. okay more like praying} it's mom. And I have to start working on the spoiling part too. :D If you can't tell, i'm kind of REALLY excited about this. :D It has taken everything in me to not have shouted it out to the world when i found out more than a month ago!

No comments: