Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hitting me hard

my first week home just felt like a vacation of sorts. Like coming home for the weekend to visit. In the back of my mind lingering the thought that it was permanent for the summer but not accepting it.
it's been a week. And now it's starting to hit me. I haven't seen my best friend in a week. this is like 100 years in our time. i don't think that it's been that long since years ago!

things that i can most certainly say that i miss
  • my ward. it was my first singles ward and going to be hard to beat. i went today to the singles ward i'm in the boundaries for... i don't really have words to describe how different it was. If i was a stranger and had attended them both i don't think i would have thought that they were in even the same realm of similarities. All I know is that i'm grateful i had the opportunity in the best singles ward {ever} for 9 months. i miss my crazy, fun, and awesome bishopric! and the kids in it too!
  • taco tuesday with Betsy, Melissa, and gregory peck. nothing beats 1.50 tacos at cafe rio with good friends and tons of laughs. {girls making weird noises} haha
  • SCHOOL! i've never had a problem with going to school. i've always enjoyed it. and it gives me something to do, people to interact with, things to accomplish, and a schedule to work with. it's hard not having that. Especially when you get to do what you love. i miss the hours every week i had to spend in the darkroom. i miss smelling like rotten eggs. i miss being blinded by the light upon leaving the darkroom. is this normal??? like betsy said, it kinda scares me as to how fast college is going by. i only get 3 more years. i think i'll go to grad school so i get more time. in all honesty, i think i'd be a full time student for the rest of my life if i could be. the next majors i'd choose would be- business {which is my probable minor}, and then culinary arts. then i'd get my teaching certificate and learn more about genetics {cause it fascinates me!}.
  • my room. Even though i shared a room, i at least had a place where i knew was mine. i know i shouldn't, but i kinda feel like i don't fit in at home anymore. it's ridiculously hard to live out of boxes till you can find a place to claim as your own.
  • i miss grocery shopping trips with my girls and cooking new things. i don't remember where half the things are in my kitchen now, which is weird because i haven't been gone THAT long. story time-i was making gravy and looking for seasoning and got a chair to look above the stove in the cupboard and couldn't find ANYTHING! and after like 3 minutes of looking, i realized that we have a spice cupboard, and they're not above the stove like they are at the farm. i can't even unload the dishwasher without it taking forever cause i don't know where anything goes.... kinda pathetic.
  • ireland hill. the lunsious hunk of greenened earth that i got to look upon everyday. {although i have timpanogas now...}
  • college conversation. being able to talk to lots of people around my age about things that are important and relevant to our everyday lives.
  • country swing dancing, 'nuff said
i'm trying to have a good attitude about being in Orem for the summer. and it'll come. but i've gotta get through the next few weeks of getting re-adjusted first. sorry that this is what the most of my blogs consist of lately.

good news!-
  • i get to see some college friends this Saturday at a wedding i'm shooting in Brigham city! :D :D happy day! partay!
  • i put on my information sheet for my new singles ward under interests "cowboys" and the second counselor in the bishopric told me that 3 guys in the ward wear cowboy boots every week. WINNER! so now i'm going to be looking at shoes. :D
  • It's my dad's birthday today! he's the best daddy in the whole world. he also keeps telling me that he's glad that i'm home. Which is good cause this is hard. You can read more about him here {from last father's day}.
  • i picked up 2 more hours of work this week. which brings my count {to a still low} of 20 hours.
  • i have baby smooth legs. for i shaved this morning. :D i love slipping under my sheets when my legs are freshly shaven. it feels oh so wonderful. :D

bad news-
  • my mac has a dumb virus or trojan thingy. and i didn't even know that macs got them. it's on the ridiculous side of things. i'll get it fixed tomorrow hopefully! {keep your fingers crossed for me!}
  • i still haven't found a car.

anyways, i'm going to bed. behave yourselves and, "if you can't be good, be good at it." -Melissa Q. III {miss that girl too!}
or as Quinton says, "bye sweetie! have fun! stop, drop and roll. look both ways! remember who you are!"

No comments: