Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I can't help it.

you know how songs tell a story? And sometimes they kind of {kind of} apply to your life? well THIS song came on when i was listening to pandora while I made my journals. {which BTW if you were wondering, turned out beautifully.} I love Ingrid. And this song. I like Elvis's version, but i'm a woman, and so is Ingrid, so it works better with the whole thing of 'applying to my life' shenanigans. {p.s. did you know that's a real word??? HERE's the definition... i don't necessarily think i used it right. but i'll leave it there anyways.} Where was i going with this? oh yeah, the song, "i can't help falling in love". here are the lyrics. and i'm going to add my life in parenthesis to the side of each line if i choose. :D

Wise men say, {and women like my mom}
only fools rush in, {but i'm not}
but I can't help falling in love with you. {or like}

Shall I stay, {but i have to go back to school!}
would it be a sin, {probably not...}
if I can't help falling in love with you. {/like}

Like a river flows surely to the sea,
darling so it goes,
somethings are meant to be. {it is possible}

Take my hand, {for reals!!!!}
take my whole life too, { :D }
for I can't help falling in love with you.

Like a river flows surely to the sea,
darling so it goes,
somethings are meant to be. {we shall see}

So won't you just please {please!}
Take my hand, {Did you see i asked nicely?}
and take my whole life too, {go ahead. :D }
cause I can't help falling in love with you. {might be}

cause I can't help falling in love with you.
yep, i think it could apply.
I also think THIS song applies to my life in some ways too. First off. Carrie Underwood is amazing. second of all i kinda understand this song better now.
"the night before"
Sittin' up on the roof {or in his car}
Sneakin' a smoke by the chimney {drinking a dr pepper}
Checkin' out the moon and the city lights {or the ducks and swings at nielson's grove}
He takes off his flannel shirt {he's not a cowboy though...}
And he drapes it around her shoulders
Slides up behind her and holds on tight {or next to}
And she says, "I don't want this night to end
Why does it have to end?" {perfect}

Tomorrow she'll be rollin' down I-10 Baton Rouge {in a few days she'll be headed up I-15 Logan}
LSU 18 years in her rear view {USU 19 and a half years}
He's got a Friday paycheck lined up down the block {actually in Murray}
At daddy's shop, it ain't much but it's a job {scratch out 'ain't much' and daddy's shop}
They've been dreadin' this moment all summer long
The night before life goes on {4 nights before}

Ooh, a tear falls off her cheek and {this will most likely happen when it IS the night before}
Right when it hits his arm he says {i hope my sad tears don't land on his arm. that seem kinda awkward}
"Come on baby, lets get outta here" {aww!}
They take one last drive around town {i know this is true}
And man it already looks different
He bangs the wheel and says
"Life ain't fair and this growin' up stuff man I don't know
I just don't wanna let you go" {aww! this would be pretty cute actually!}

Tomorrow shell be rollin' down I-10 Baton Rouge {in a few days she'll be headed up I-15 Logan}
LSU 18 years in her rear view {USU 19 and a half years}
He's got a Friday paycheck lined up down the block {actually in Murray}
At daddy's shop, it ain't much but it's a job {scratch out 'ain't much' and daddy's shop}
They've been dreadin' this moment all summer long
The night before life goes on {4 nights before}

Yeah, that's what my momma told me {don't you hate it when mom's right?}
And just like those kids
I didn't wanna listen to no one
Yeah, there's nothin' you can do
There's nothin' you can say
And I know how it feels when love goes away {tis true}

Tomorrow she'll be rollin' down I-10 Baton Rouge {in a few days she'll be headed up I-15 Logan}
LSU 18 years in her rear view {USU 19.5 years}
He's got a Friday paycheck lined up down the block {actually in Murray}
At daddy's shop, it ain't much but it's a job {scratch out 'ain't much' and 'daddy's shop'}
They've been dreadin' this moment all summer long
But here it is they don't have long {frowny face}
The night before life goes on {sad truth}
so there you have it, my life {sorta} in 2 songs.

Ward Business time-

Quinton had his surgery on his ankle today. boo!
anyways, We {dad, mom, Em, Tay and i} were all there when he came out of recovery room. it was freakin hilarious! i video'd him but i'm kinda bad at the whole adding a video to blog thing. He said the funniest things and was so confused. it was great. definitely the most exciting thing of the day. ya know, other than cleaning the bathroom and doing a sink full of dishes. ;) Quinton's cast is PINK! because apparently they ran out of all the other colors except red. {and if you know my brother in the least, you know he wouldn't be caught dead with red on. ya know, mt view AND U of U}

I think this is going to be all for now.
loves and hugs.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

p.s. i'll post pictorals of the journals and cards i made later. I gave one to Taylor and one for him to give his mom too. And one for my grandma. like maybe in a few days. Maybe being the key word.

No comments: